Reuse & Repurpose Your Candle
Our candles are designed to have a purposeful life after the wax inside is gone.
We search the world for beautiful vessels, meant to be reused again and again . . . a lovely and sustainable addition to your home decor. Read on to learn how to clean out a candle vessel in your own kitchen, and get ideas on how to reuse your candle container.
Cleaning your Coco Shine candle
- When the candle is finished, place coconut shell in freezer for no more than 5 minutes, then remove
- Turn coco bowl upside down and run warm tap water over the outer shell (you will hear an ever-so-slight crackling sound)
- Turn bowl right side up and gently push the sides inward to loosen the wax
- Turn bowl upside down again and pop wax out (you may also have to pull out the wicks)
- Wash with mild dish soap and voila! Please note that these bowls are not food safe.
- Be sure to avoid wax going into any sink or drain to avoid clogging
Cleaning your glass or ceramic candle
- Pre-heat your oven to the lowest setting (150F to 170F)
- Line a pie pan with tinfoil - be sure to make it "water-tight" to contain melted wax
- Place your candle upside down in the pie pan, and put it into the oven. The wax will quickly melt onto the tinfoil.
- Carefully remove from oven (use potholders or a thick kitchen towel to protect hands from heat).
- With a paper towel, wipe the vessel clean of any remaining wax, and pull out wick (may require help of a spoon to pry loose).
- Be sure to avoid wax going into any sink or drain to avoid clogging. If some wax remains, repeat process until all wax is gone.
- Wash with mild dish soap and voila! Enjoy your candle's new life.
Reusing your candle
Looking for some inspiration? Here are a few of our ideas on how to reuse your candle vessel.
- Add a tealight to let the glow live on
- Collect rings, earrings, and other precious baubles
- Display pretty guest soaps in your bathroom
- Organize makeup brushes, qtips, or other beauty supplies
- Pretty up your home office as a stylish pencil cup
- Turn it into a mini planter (don't forget to add rocks to the bottom)
- Show off special treasures, like your collection of beach glass
- Make snacking more fun with beautiful bowls
We want to see how you're using your candle containers in your home! Use the hashtag #prosperityrepurposed to show us your sustainable ideas and upcycled Prosperity candles. Save
Amber & Bergamot
Warm and inviting, amber and bergamot combined with subtle notes of
geranium, black cardamom, sandalwood and eucalyptus.
Cedar & Cardamom
Cedar infused with cardamom, lily and spice with seductive
notes of sandalwood, leather and musk.
Chamomile & Sage
Deeply restful chamomile and fresh sage combine in this soothing herbal,
creating an atmosphere of calm and well-being.
Grapefruit & White Floral
Wonderfully complex, grapefruit blended with lily, peony, geranium
and rose, with base notes of amber and musk.
Jasmine & Cypress
Crisp notes of jasmine and cypress blended with nectarine, black currant,
pink peppercorn and bergamot for a uniquely alluring scent.
Fragrant orange blossoms mingle with water lily, iris and clementine leaves above
a base note of vetiver to create this delightfully elegant floral.
Clean and buoyant, fresh ocean air atop a joyful blend of freesia,
water lilies, lotus and tuberose for a truly uplifting experience.
Sandalwood & Oakmoss
The warmth of sandalwood blended with Baltic oakmoss, a touch of amber,
and hint of patchouli give rise to this gentle wood scent.
Perfect for centerpieces, dinner candles and those who prefer no scent.
Looking for a past favorite?
We probably have it! If you don't see the one you're