Reuse & Repurpose Your Candle
Our candles are designed to have a purposeful life after the wax inside is gone.
We search the world for beautiful vessels, meant to be reused again and again . . . a lovely and sustainable addition to your home decor. Read on to learn how to clean out a candle vessel in your own kitchen, and get ideas on how to reuse your candle container.
Cleaning your Coco Shine candle
- When the candle is finished, place coconut shell in freezer for no more than 5 minutes, then remove
- Turn coco bowl upside down and run warm tap water over the outer shell (you will hear an ever-so-slight crackling sound)
- Turn bowl right side up and gently push the sides inward to loosen the wax
- Turn bowl upside down again and pop wax out (you may also have to pull out the wicks)
- Wash with mild dish soap and voila! Please note that these bowls are not food safe.
- Be sure to avoid wax going into any sink or drain to avoid clogging
Cleaning your glass or ceramic candle
- Pre-heat your oven to the lowest setting (150F to 170F)
- Line a pie pan with tinfoil - be sure to make it "water-tight" to contain melted wax
- Place your candle upside down in the pie pan, and put it into the oven. The wax will quickly melt onto the tinfoil.
- Carefully remove from oven (use potholders or a thick kitchen towel to protect hands from heat).
- With a paper towel, wipe the vessel clean of any remaining wax, and pull out wick (may require help of a spoon to pry loose).
- Be sure to avoid wax going into any sink or drain to avoid clogging. If some wax remains, repeat process until all wax is gone.
- Wash with mild dish soap and voila! Enjoy your candle's new life.
Reusing your candle
Looking for some inspiration? Here are a few of our ideas on how to reuse your candle vessel.
- Add a tealight to let the glow live on
- Collect rings, earrings, and other precious baubles
- Display pretty guest soaps in your bathroom
- Organize makeup brushes, qtips, or other beauty supplies
- Pretty up your home office as a stylish pencil cup
- Turn it into a mini planter (don't forget to add rocks to the bottom)
- Show off special treasures, like your collection of beach glass
- Make snacking more fun with beautiful bowls
We want to see how you're using your candle containers in your home! Use the hashtag #prosperityrepurposed to show us your sustainable ideas and upcycled Prosperity candles. Save
Liquid error: Could not find asset snippets/modify_lightbox_snippet.liquid
Amber & Bergamot
Warm and inviting, amber and bergamot combined with subtle notes of
geranium, black cardamom, sandalwood and eucalyptus.
Cedar & Cardamom
Cedar infused with cardamom, lily and spice with seductive
notes of sandalwood, leather and musk.
Chamomile & Sage
Deeply restful chamomile and fresh sage combine in this soothing herbal,
creating an atmosphere of calm and well-being.
Grapefruit & White Floral
Wonderfully complex, grapefruit blended with lily, peony, geranium
and rose, with base notes of amber and musk.
Jasmine & Cypress
Crisp notes of jasmine and cypress blended with nectarine, black currant,
pink peppercorn and bergamot for a uniquely alluring scent.
Fragrant orange blossoms mingle with water lily, iris and clementine leaves above
a base note of vetiver to create this delightfully elegant floral.
Clean and buoyant, fresh ocean air atop a joyful blend of freesia,
water lilies, lotus and tuberose for a truly uplifting experience.
Sandalwood & Oakmoss
The warmth of sandalwood blended with Baltic oakmoss, a touch of amber,
and hint of patchouli give rise to this gentle wood scent.
Seasonal Holiday Scents
Blue Fir & Spice - Fragrant blue fir pine needles combined with cedarwood, bright citrus and a touch of spice evoke the spirit of the holidays.
Chai Tea - Warm and uplifting, green tea mixed with peppermint leaves, spices and hints of lemon and amber remind you of the best coffeehouse chai.
Perfect for centerpieces, dinner candles and those who prefer no scent.
Looking for a past favorite?
We probably have it! If you don't see the one you're