Reuse & Repurpose Your Candle
Our candles are designed to have a purposeful life after the wax inside is gone. Read on to learn how to clean out a candle vessel in your own kitchen and get ideas on how to reuse your candle container.
Cleaning your glass or ceramic candle
- When your candle is finished, you simply remove the wax and wick.
- Pre-heat your oven to the lowest setting (150F to 170F)
- Line a pie pan with tinfoil - be sure to make it "water-tight" to contain melted wax
- Place your candle upside down in the pie pan, and put it into the oven. The wax will quickly melt onto the tinfoil.
- Carefully remove from oven (use potholders or a thick kitchen towel to protect hands from heat).
- With a paper towel, wipe the vessel clean of any remaining wax, and pull out wick (may require help of a spoon to pry loose).
- Be sure to avoid wax going into any sink or drain to avoid clogging. If some wax remains, repeat process until all wax is gone.
- Wash with mild dish soap and voila! Enjoy your candle's new life.
Reusing your candle
Looking for some inspiration? Here are a few of our ideas on how to reuse your candle vessel.
- Add a tealight to let the glow live on
- Collect rings, earrings, and other precious baubles
- Display pretty guest soaps in your bathroom
- Organize makeup brushes, qtips, or other beauty supplies
- Freshen up your home office look with a stylish pencil cup
- Turn it into a mini planter (don't forget to add rocks to the bottom)
- Show off special treasures, like your collection of beach glass
- Make snacking more fun with beautiful bowls
- Treat your dog to an extra special food scooper!
We want to see how you're using your candle containers in your home! Use the hashtag #prosperityrepurposed to show us your sustainable ideas and upcycled Prosperity candles.