We really love candles. Sometimes we’ll have more than 20 alight all at once, filling the room with peaceful radiance. Candles create an ambiance no other lighting can equal... a tranquility that’s as fitting for a boisterous dinner party as it is for a soothing bath or romantic evening.
We also like to be safe, and for our candles to burn beautifully for a long time. Here are a few suggestions on how to love and care for your candles.
• Always keep wicks centered in the melted wax, and regularly trim to ¼” tall… a quick trim between lightings is best (using a wick trimmer makes it super easy, especially when reaching into a narrow vessel).
• T he first burn is the most important. Allow wax to melt completely to the insides of the vessel before extinguishing – this helps prevent “tunneling”.
• Avoid burning any candle more than 3-4 hours at a time. Blow them out and allow to cool before relighting.
• Using a wick dipper is the easy, smoke-free way to extinguish your candles. It’s a simple tool that dips the flame into melted wax and pulls it back up, ready for the next lighting. Once you try one, you'll love it.
• Never leave a burning candle unattended. • Do not burn a candle on or near anything that might catch fire. • Keep candles out of the reach of children and pets. • Know when it’s time to say goodbye.. stop using a candle when only ½” of wax remains. • Be sure to place candle on a stable, heat resistant surface before lighting. For candles in metal vessels, using a cork or stone coaster is best as they tend to get hotter than others. • Keep the wax pool clear of wick trimmings and debris, including burnt matches. • Avoid air drafts which can cause sooting and uneven burning. • Do not move or touch a burning candle. • Remember to burn all candles in a well-ventilated room. • Never fall asleep to candlelight! • Be sure to extinguish and let cool a candle if the flame becomes too high or flickers repeatedly. Save Save Save
A few important safety tips:
Amber & Bergamot
Warm and inviting, amber and bergamot combined with subtle notes of
geranium, black cardamom, sandalwood and eucalyptus.
Cedar & Cardamom
Cedar infused with cardamom, lily and spice with seductive
notes of sandalwood, leather and musk.
Chamomile & Sage
Deeply restful chamomile and fresh sage combine in this soothing herbal,
creating an atmosphere of calm and well-being.
Grapefruit & White Floral
Wonderfully complex, grapefruit blended with lily, peony, geranium
and rose, with base notes of amber and musk.
Jasmine & Cypress
Crisp notes of jasmine and cypress blended with nectarine, black currant,
pink peppercorn and bergamot for a uniquely alluring scent.
Fragrant orange blossoms mingle with water lily, iris and clementine leaves above
a base note of vetiver to create this delightfully elegant floral.
Clean and buoyant, fresh ocean air atop a joyful blend of freesia,
water lilies, lotus and tuberose for a truly uplifting experience.
Sandalwood & Oakmoss
The warmth of sandalwood blended with Baltic oakmoss, a touch of amber,
and hint of patchouli give rise to this gentle wood scent.
Perfect for centerpieces, dinner candles and those who prefer no scent.
Looking for a past favorite?
We probably have it! If you don't see the one you're