We really love candles. Sometimes we’ll have more than 20 alight all at once, filling the room with peaceful radiance. Candles create an ambiance no other lighting can equal... a tranquility that’s as fitting for a boisterous dinner party as it is for a soothing bath or romantic evening.
We also like to be safe, and for our candles to burn beautifully for a long time. Here are a few suggestions on how to love and care for your candles.
• Always keep wicks centered in the melted wax, and regularly trim to ¼” tall… a quick trim between lightings is best (using a wick trimmer makes it super easy, especially when reaching into a narrow vessel).
• T he first burn is the most important. Allow wax to melt completely to the insides of the vessel before extinguishing – this helps prevent “tunneling”.
• Avoid burning any candle more than 3-4 hours at a time. Blow them out and allow to cool before relighting.
• Using a wick dipper is the easy, smoke-free way to extinguish your candles. It’s a simple tool that dips the flame into melted wax and pulls it back up, ready for the next lighting. Once you try one, you'll love it.
• Never leave a burning candle unattended. • Do not burn a candle on or near anything that might catch fire. • Keep candles out of the reach of children and pets. • Know when it’s time to say goodbye.. stop using a candle when only ½” of wax remains. • Be sure to place candle on a stable, heat resistant surface before lighting. For candles in metal vessels, using a cork or stone coaster is best as they tend to get hotter than others. • Keep the wax pool clear of wick trimmings and debris, including burnt matches. • Avoid air drafts which can cause sooting and uneven burning. • Do not move or touch a burning candle. • Remember to burn all candles in a well-ventilated room. • Never fall asleep to candlelight! • Be sure to extinguish and let cool a candle if the flame becomes too high or flickers repeatedly. Save Save Save Save
A few important safety tips:
Liquid error: Could not find asset snippets/modify_lightbox_snippet.liquid
Amber & Bergamot
Warm and inviting, amber and bergamot combined with subtle notes of
geranium, black cardamom, sandalwood and eucalyptus.
Cedar & Cardamom
Cedar infused with cardamom, lily and spice with seductive
notes of sandalwood, leather and musk.
Chamomile & Sage
Deeply restful chamomile and fresh sage combine in this soothing herbal,
creating an atmosphere of calm and well-being.
Grapefruit & White Floral
Wonderfully complex, grapefruit blended with lily, peony, geranium
and rose, with base notes of amber and musk.
Jasmine & Cypress
Crisp notes of jasmine and cypress blended with nectarine, black currant,
pink peppercorn and bergamot for a uniquely alluring scent.
Fragrant orange blossoms mingle with water lily, iris and clementine leaves above
a base note of vetiver to create this delightfully elegant floral.
Clean and buoyant, fresh ocean air atop a joyful blend of freesia,
water lilies, lotus and tuberose for a truly uplifting experience.
Sandalwood & Oakmoss
The warmth of sandalwood blended with Baltic oakmoss, a touch of amber,
and hint of patchouli give rise to this gentle wood scent.
Seasonal Holiday Scents
Blue Fir & Spice - Fragrant blue fir pine needles combined with cedarwood, bright citrus and a touch of spice evoke the spirit of the holidays.
Chai Tea - Warm and uplifting, green tea mixed with peppermint leaves, spices and hints of lemon and amber remind you of the best coffeehouse chai.
Perfect for centerpieces, dinner candles and those who prefer no scent.
Looking for a past favorite?
We probably have it! If you don't see the one you're