Inspired by the Burmese women artisans in our studio, each scent in this series evokes a cherished memory from their Southeast Asian homeland Burma (Myanmar). With an elegant wood wick and handwritten Burmese symbols, each candle reflects the incredible qualities they brought with them as refugees seeking to build a brighter future for their families in peace.
Each of these woodwick candles is handpoured to order, and arrives beautifully gift boxed with a story card about the woman artisan who made it. To send as a gift, simply add your message in the cart and we'll include a card. Sold individually.
Vessel: recyclable glass, 3” W x 3” H
Burn time: about 40 hours
- Peace: Tobacco leaf blended with bergamot and notes of cinnamon, clove and amber, creating feelings of peace Joy
- Joy: Lime Blossom infused with bergamot and tarragon, a floral scent eliciting a sense of joy
- Compassion: Sandalwood blended with amber and cool moss, evoking feelings of compassion
- Kindness: Orange blossom mingled with water lily and iris, a gentle scent engendering kindness
- Gratitude: Lemon infused with jasmine, cedar and a hint of musk, inspiring a sense of gratitude
Wax & Wick: premium soy + coconut blend candle with wood wick, made with FSC Certified sustainable U.S. wood (pat. woodenwick.com/patents), no dyes or enhancers
Gift Box: arrives beautifully packaged with a description of each product and a story card about the woman who poured your candle.
Our candles are designed for a lifetime of enjoyment... when yours burns low, simply refill with a locally purchased votive or clean & repurpose as beautiful home decor.
Handmade - Each candle is individually poured-to-order by a woman artisan who is a former refugee building a new life for herself and her family in the United States.
Sustainable - Prosperity Candle is a certified B-Corp, recognized 2 years in a row for its commitment to social and environmental sustainability by B-Lab's Best for the World.
Ethically Made - We are passionate advocates for ethically made goods and support the fair trade principles of gender equity, respect for the environment, and living wages in our studio.
Designed for Good - As a social enterprise that prioritizes positive impact over all else, everything we do helps create opportunities for women artisans to thrive. We believe that equal opportunity for women and girls everywhere creates a brighter future for all.